Disaster Relief Funds

Linn County has been declared eligible for disaster relief.
If you need assistance, you can contact our local Community Action agency, which case manages disaster relief funds for people who need temporary housing and/or home repair due to Monday’s storm. You can call 515-518-4770 to find out if you are eligible to apply for assistance.
Also, if you are a current EBT card holder and have lost food due to the power outage, you may apply for additional food assistance to replace that food. 
The first step is to call and report the loss at 1-877-347-5678. This loss must be reported within 10 days of its discovery. DHS will then will guide callers on completion of the Request for Replacement of Spoiled Food form, and ways to submit the form, outlined below:
Email picture of document to ImagingCenter5@dhs.state.ia.us
Turn document into the local office lobby (call to make sure open)
Mail or fax document to their local office
Share |