The Intern position is a summer temporary position. Performs a key role in the organization, preparation, and implementation of summer 4-H activities. Will work with Fair Entry system verifying fair entries, check ins, and entering results.
Helps provide support to 4-H families with Fair Entry questions and with requirements for animal and non-animal exhibits. Will assist with summer camps and other youth educational programming for youth K-12. Will also help with general office duties as needed.
The Summer Intern will attend regular staff meetings and work closely with the Wright County Youth Coordinator and other staff. Accountable to the Wright County Extension Council and all its policies.
- Serve as a Wright County Extension & Outreach contact throughout the internship.
- Prepare, organize, and assist with delivery of summer 4-H and youth day camps
- Assist the extension office staff with Wright County Fair responsibilities.
- Complete capstone project, decided upon at beginning of internship.
- Will work with 4-H online and Fair Entry System, verifying fair entries, and entering results.
- Other duties as requested by the Wright County Extension Council and staff.
- Good written, verbal, and customer relations communication skills, with a positive team focused attitude.
- Must be available for the Wright County Fair (July 12 through July 16, 2023)
- Possess the ability to bring new and creative ideas to Wright County.
- Demonstrates proficiency in computer and technology operation.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evening and weekend programming.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to pass the background screening to meet the Child Protection and Safety Policy.
- Hourly wage $12.00 per hour, 40-hour work week.
- This is a seasonal non-exempt position, with possibility of additional and/or overtime hours during fair.
- Start date is May 18, 2023**. End date is 1 week prior to fall semester resuming.
- Employer’s share of Social Security and Medicare.
- Reimbursement for work-related travel expenses.
- This internship is eligible for class credit (subject to school availability).
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and duties requested by the Wright County Extension Council and/or staff.
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to Krystal Schnabel at email@example.com; or mail to: ISU Extension and Outreach Wright County office at 2302 Madison Avenue, Suite B Clarion, Iowa 50525.
Application can be found online at www.extension.iastate.edu/wright
Completed applications deadline is April 10, 2023. Inter position will remain open till filled.
In accordance with ISU Extension’s Child Protection and Safety Policy, a background check will be completed on the selected applicant.
Wright County Extension and Outreach is an EEO/AA Employer.
**Start date is flexible based off your school’s calendar.
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status and will not be discriminated against.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. For the full non-discrimination statement or accommodation inquiries, go to www.extension.iastate.edu/diversity/ext.