The Wright County Program and Office Assistant will work in a team environment to provide client support, programming support to County Extension staff, and coordinate program workshops or virtual trainings. These duties include, but are not limited to, Council support, calendar of programs/events, record management, marketing assistance, website oversight and ability to access information addressing client’s needs. Must be willing to work as a team member, dependable, self-motivated, demonstrates initiative, respect confidentiality and work independently with limited supervision.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office. Additional knowledge of design software, data base management, information systems and social media strategies.
- Ability to plan, organize and complete all job assignments in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to manage several projects to ensure efficient and completion on time.
- Provide first-rate client service regarding office inquiries, information requests, maintaining an efficient and responsive county office.
- Serve in the role of assistant bookkeeper for the county fiscal responsibilities, working in collaboration with Outsourced Bookkeeper and Regional Director for fiscal management.
- Ensure effective data management practices utilizing current extension databases leading MyData efforts and serve as secondary support for 4-H On-line, Fair Entry, and volunteer data system. Assist Regional Director, council and staff with data extraction and reporting as needed. Training and education on database systems provided.
- Deliver all annual certification renewal trainings, both virtual and in-person, and coordinate the submission of required documentation.
- Use standard policies and procedures regarding county business operations and council relations.
- Confidence to answer phone, process and handle incoming/outgoing mail, organize publications, updating mailing lists, and keep county website updated. Maintain program equipment, supplies, and inventory for office and program materials.
- Complete all appropriate district reports and submit organizational documents, with support from the Regional Director.
- Assist in creating and development of materials, publications and marketing resources; support an active presence on social media platforms and other methods of communication.
- Provide program support for other county extension staff members. This will include mailings, making copies and assisting in program preparations leading up to activities and events.
- Assist with maintaining the current office records and additional record keeping as needed and must have ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Attend extension meetings and professional development opportunities, webinars, and trainings as it relates to your position.
- Offer limited administrative support to the Regional Director serving Region 3.
- Deliver monthly report including feedback, evaluation, and program impact to Extension Council.
- Other duties as determined by the County Extension Council in conjunction with the preceding responsibilities to meet the mission of Wright County Extension and Outreach.
- High School Graduate with two years relevant work experience.
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
- Ability to successfully complete background screen process
To apply, complete and submit application to Sara Hunter electronically at email@example.com or you can deliver in person or by mail to Wright County Extension Office, 2302 Madison Ave., Clarion, IA 50525.
For guaranteed consideration, completed materials must be submitted by October 30, 2023. The position will remain open until filled. Wright County Extension and Outreach is an EEO/AA Employer.
- Non-exempt position with competitive wages based on qualifications and experience.
- Benefits package includes health insurance, IPERS, tuition reimbursement opportunity, holidays and paid time off, professional development, and work-related travel reimbursement.