Provide leadership for the efficient, effective, and well-organized operation of the Wright County Clover Kid Program and related K-12 youth programming.
- Assist with office coverage as needed providing clerical and administrative support
- Contribute to effective public relations by representing Iowa State University Extension and Outreach and Wright County Extension as a professional, non-biased, and client centered educational organization.
- Lead Clover Kids Program and Support 4-H & Youth Programs working collaboratively with the 4-H Program Volunteer Coordinator and Youth Program Specialist.
- Organize Clover Kids Program, including in school activities, library programs and day camps.
- Organize additional K-12 youth programming with community partners such as school districts and local libraries.
- Support 4-H recruitment efforts.
- Help maintain the 4-H Online enrollment database and Fair Entry, and file appropriate forms for Clover Kids programming and volunteers, including background checks.
- Aid in the preparation of materials for 4-H and youth programming including community club items.
- Help with youth events/activities as needed.
- Collaborate with the 4-H Program Volunteer Coordinator and Youth Program Specialist in the development and implementation of educational programs for recruitment and retention.
- Work with volunteers to achieve a rewarding 4-H experience for all involved.
- Evaluate grant opportunities for 4-H programming when opportunities arise for 4-H and/or STEM materials.
- Collaborate with the Regional Director, 4-H Program Volunteer Coordinator, and Program Specialists in the development and implementation of educational events.
- Provide leadership to specific events or programs at the county fair.
- Work with fair entries when turned in, develop schedules, assist with printing programs, etc.
- Professional development opportunities as they arise, may include travel/overnight travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Access to transportation and possess a valid driver's license.
- Ability to be a team player; ask for help when needed, self motivated; identifying and presenting solutions for needed procedures.
- Ability to operate computer software programs and learn new applications as needed.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and coordinate time and job activities.
- Ability to work and communicate with youth and adults
- Possess ability to implement conflict management skills.
- Possess ability to recruit volunteers and clients.
- Bachelor's Degree
This person reports to the Region 3 Regional Director. A written summary report is due monthly to the Wright County Extension Council.
Hours could involve evenings, weekends, or overnights. The evening and weekend hours will hinge on the times of Extension events that are open to the public.
Overtime pay/work is outlined in the personnel policy.