To plan and deliver programming for existing and future Clover Kids and 4-H members.
To serve and grow our urban and rural 4-H membership.
To assist with administration for extension programming.
- Provides direct instruction through afterschool 4-H, science enrichment, and 4-H programming.
- This includes 30–45-minute pre-planned science enrichment curriculum lessons in Sioux City and surrounding schools in Woodbury County.
- Creation and continuation of afterschool 4-H clubs in Sioux City Schools.
- Conduct 4-H workshops and day camps throughout the school year.
- Coordinate and host multiple summer camps for various K-12 audiences.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements educational programming in a specific program area in collaboration with program specialists, regional directors, and councils.
- Inform supervisor of county projects and project outcomes.
- Support and initiate strategies to develop volunteer networks.
- Manages local data collection in line with program area requirements. (4-H Online and Fair Entry software systems.)
- Manages project budgets within the program area.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with staff and clients in the county.
- Continually develop and enhance relevant skills and understand current professional standards.
- Attend regularly scheduled county youth team meetings and regional meetings.
- Coordinate Clover Kids recruitment effort and sustainability through first year of 4-H.
- Establish an integrated 4-H program including experiences for rural and urban audiences.
- Provide education and outreach to local agencies.
- Work collaboratively with the County Youth Coordinator, 4-H Youth Outreach Coordinator, County Director, and Youth Program Specialist to identify county needs and deliver 4-H curriculum through programs to meet those needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Content knowledge in at least one field: agriculture and natural resources, human sciences, youth development, community and economic development
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Computer, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Team player and people oriented
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Teaching or facilitation experience in field related to program area if direct instruction is a required job responsibility
- Demonstrated record of establishing new programs
- Successful contract and grant writing experience
- Experience working cooperatively with boards and diverse groups
SUPERVISOR: Regional Director
To apply, please email your application, cover letter, resume and a list of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status and will not be discriminated against.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. For the full non-discrimination statement or accommodation inquiries, go to www.extension.iastate.edu/diversity/ext.
Benefits include IPERS, health insurance, vacation, sick leave, holiday pay, and employee assistance program.