This position is selected and hired annually by the Webster County Extension Council. The Webster County 4-H Food Stand Manager will work closely with the Webster County Extension Staff and will be supervised by the Webster County Regional Director. This position will earn a stipend of $1000 to be paid after the completion of all job duties. This is a temporary position with no vacation, no benefits, or time off. A 1099 will be sent at year-end for taxes.
- Clean and prepare the food stand for fair
- Attend a food safety training
- Train volunteers on food safety and required documentation
- Manage, record, and reconcile cash sales daily
- Responsible for food preparation for meal shifts, inventory management, and restocking orders
- Assist volunteers with cash sales, restocking inventory, and customer service
- Clean food stand post-fair and coordinate plans for any remaining goods
- Reconcile budget and prepare a final report of sales for the Webster County Extension Council
- Tentative Food Stand Manager Hours:
- Prior to the Webster Fair – 8 hours for food safety training and food stand cleaning and stocking
- Fair Week Schedule Manager Hours Food Stand Hours
- Wednesday, July 12 Noon - 8:30 p.m. 2:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, July 13 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. 8:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Friday, July 14 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, July 15 8:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Sunday, July 16 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Week after the Webster Fair – 8 hours for clean-up, returns, financial reconciliation & report
Responsibilities During the Fair
- Be aware of and enforce all health and safety rules in accordance with State and HCF guidelines.
- Checking that the ingredients are safe and consumable
- Monitoring and reordering inventory supplies
- Cleaning the workstation before and after food preparation
- Labeling and storing all food items properly and at the right temperature
- 18 years or older
- Knowledge of current food safety practices
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass a background screening
- Ability to constructively manage the youth and volunteer workers
- Food Safety Training (training provided)
Interested candidates should submit a resume and application to Brooke McKibban, County Youth Coordinator at email@example.com . For any questions, please contact the Webster County Extension Office at 515-576-2119. Applications are due Sunday, April 16th or until the position is filled.