JOB DESCRIPTION – Summer Assistant rev. 7/1/2020
Washington County 4-H Program Assistant/Summer Intern: 1 temporary position available-
Start/End date to be determined; approx. mid May to August, approx. 40 hours/week, wage
commensurate with experience.
1. Assist with the organization of county 4-H/county fair youth activities and events, including: 4-H
educational presentations; clothing event; judging schedule for home economics, science, mechanics
and arts; assist with fair livestock events; and other assigned responsibilities associated with the 4-H
program, fair events, and activities.
2. Recruit and work with volunteers for Youth/4-H activities in a team atmosphere.
3. Use a computer for online data entry. Other computer skills valued using word, excel, publisher.
4. Assist and provide support for Washington County Youth programs throughout time specified in an
on-going basis as needed. May include summer camps for youth.
5. Provide for Youth Program leadership and volunteer support, serve as resource person; some evening
and weekend work required
1. Knowledge of the 4-H community club program.
2. Experience in leadership positions associated with youth development programs
3. Experience using a computer for data entry and word processing
4. Valid driver’s license and access to a car
5. High school diploma or equivalent, post high school education preferred
6. The employee will submit to and successfully pass the mandatory Child Protection screening and
Benefits: This position is temporary. The employee will receive none of the following: paid holidays,
vacation/sick leave, insurance benefits, or IPERS . The employer will pay its portion of FICA.