This position provides programmatic and clerical assistance to Iowa State University Extension and Outreach (ISUEO) in Wapello County. The position provides organization and delivery of day camps, assists the 4-H County Youth Coordinator and office staff in preparation for 4-H events and the Wapello County 4-H and FFA Expo, and provides childcare during NEST programs.
- Assist with planning and implementation of summer education and day camp programs.
- Assist in preparing, organizing, and supporting Wapello County 4-H youth programs, including but not limited to expo events and activities, workshops, data entry, and record keeping.
- Provide childcare during weekly NEST programs
- Demonstrate a commitment to improving the lives of children and an appreciation of different learning styles
- Work cooperatively with adults and youth
- Other duties as assigned
- Educational background in education or youth development, preferred
- Interest in working directly with youth and leading educational activities
- Knowledge of 4-H and experience working with youth, preferred
- Computer literacy required (MS Office including Word, Excel, Publisher, online database systems, fluent with e-mail programs)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with all age groups
- Ability to work in fast paced team atmosphere
- Organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities, and ability to achieve deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and be self-starter
- High school diploma or equivalent, enrollment in post-secondary education preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Employment contingent on successful background screening
- Ability to work as a team to develop and deliver programming
- Willing to learn new skills
This position is seasonal, running from mid-June to mid-August, for a total of 240 hours, paid at $13 per hour. Weekly schedule is dependent on program needs.
This position will involve considerable bending, sitting, standing and reaching, supervising recreation (primarily outside), and other activities as planned or assigned
Ability to be around farm livestock for extended periods
Ability to work outside in the summer weather, for up to two hours at a time
Lifting of 50 lbs. or less on occasion
Some evenings, weekends and additional hours are expected
To apply, please email your application, cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Wapello County Summer Program Assistant” in the subject line.
Questions? Please reach out to Cindy Hall, Region 26 Director, at 641-751-6753 or email@example.com.