Assist extension office with Van Buren County Fair
• Assist County Youth Coordinator with county fair events.
• Assist with pre-fair preparation and activities.
• Be assigned other duties as dictated by the needs of the County Youth Coordinator.
• Be well organized.
• Be able to work cooperatively with other adults as well as with children.
• Willing to be a productive member of Extension team, including office staff, volunteers, 4-H & Youth, and the County Extension Council.
• Experience with youth and parents.
• Educational background in education and/or youth development preferred.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• Employment contingent on successful screening in Child Protection Safety Program.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision from professional staff & supervise others.
• Experience using computer
July 12th to July 27th, approximately 120 hours. If more time is needed, it must be approved by the Extension Council. Daily start/end time may vary with fair activities. If more time is needed, it must be approved by the Extension Council. Daily start/end times may vary with fair activities.
DEMANDS OF POSITION:
• This position will involve indoor/outdoor fair shows with hot July days, rain or shine; livestock shows; understanding/supporting fair rules; and unforeseen situations.
• Some lifting will be required.
• An Iowa driver’s license and access to transportation are required.
• The applicant will be required to pass a DHS background check.
• Report to County Youth Coordinator and Van Buren County Extension Council.
Please send a completed application and resume to Cindy Hall, Regional Director
firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about this position, contact Cindy Hall at email@example.com or call 641-751-6753
This position is open until filled