Iowa 4-H and the County Youth Educators will focus on Positive Youth Development. Staff will work with youth, volunteers and professionals to plan, implement and evaluate a progressive series of educational programs and experiences that work toward multiple life skill outcomes (Productive Citizens, Outstanding Communications, Effective Leaders, and Successful Learners). This position should empower youth to reach their full potential through Youth-Adult Partnerships and research-based experiences.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to advance the Iowa 4-H mission and vision
- Develop and implement a year-round county recruitment and retention strategy for diverse community and corporate volunteers
- Develop and implement a year-round county recruitment and retention strategy to bring diverse youth from entry-point activities into long-term involvement in 4-H
- Assure compliance with risk management policies, including required training and background checks of volunteers
- Establish and maintain 4-H governance committees
- Promote 4-H state and county programs, events and activities working with local partners and media
- Communicate effectively and build relationships with the County Extension Council, youth, families, volunteers, other extension staff and community partners
- Represent Iowa State University, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, and Iowa 4-H professionally and positively.
- Collect, analyze and share county data to ensure program effectiveness.
- Implement programs in accordance with state and federal guidelines and policies, and share with volunteers and community partners
- Administer evaluations and share impacts with County Extension Council and partners
- Work with County Extension Council to ensure adequate financial resources are secured
- Team player
- Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Problem solving skills
- Customer service skills
- Cultural competence
- Computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Organizational skills
- Project management skills
- Conflict management and resolution skills
- Collaboration and networking skills
- Experience working with youth and volunteers
- Experience with volunteer development
- Experience with Positive Youth Development
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience organizing events and activities
Supervisor and Reporting
This individual will report directly to the County Director with programmatic support from the Youth Program Specialist. Regular report will be made to the Poweshiek County Extension Council.
Ability to pass a criminal background screening test.
Professional development is expected.
Position will be open until filled. However, to be guaranteed consideration, submit your complete application materials by Monday, January 16, 2023.
Health insurance, paid time off and holidays, FICA, IPERS.
Mileage reimbursed at the IRS rate and meals that are in connection with job performance.