To provide support to ISU Extension and Outreach in Plymouth County.
To assist and provide local 4- H and youth programming related to summer camps and county fair.
Assist staff to implement 4-H events connected with the 4-H programming at fair.
Assist in preparations made for fair entries, livestock entries and shows, 4-H static judging, communication events and county council.
Organize and assist with youth summer camps.
Support 4-H volunteers/leaders in their work with the fair.
Office and clerical work related to extension and outreach programming.
Other duties as assigned.
One year past high school and High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of 4-H and the county/community preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work positively and collaboratively with others.
- Willingness and ability to travel within Plymouth County.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule especially during fair.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate time and job activities.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft office, e-mail).
- Ability to work and communicate with youth and adults.
- U.S. Citizen or legal to work in U.S.
Prior 4-H experience preferred.
- Terms of Employment
- Hourly wage established by the Extension Council. Must pass background check.
- Hours would be approximately 24-40 hours per week starting around May 16 to August 6, 2023, with hours negotiable each week. There will be extended hours during the week of the fair.
- Mileage, while on official county business, will be paid at the rate current at the federal level.
- Meal expenses will be reimbursed, when appropriate, at actual costs, as per county policy.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
To apply, email your application, cover letter, and resume to:
Molly Hewitt, Regional Director
Employment Application Plymouth County .pdf