To provide leadership and oversight of the county office and staff. Implements a county plan of work that focuses on stakeholder education and engagement. Serves as the council representative and face of Extension in the community on behalf of Iowa State University Extension and Outreach. The position is an hourly paid position, 40 hours per week.
Customer Service and Public Relations
- Builds community collaborations and serves as the face of ISU Extension and Outreach locally.
- Maintain high level of marketing and visibility for all programs.
- Support and initiate strategies to develop volunteer networks.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with staff and clients in the county.
- Effectively communicate with clientele of all ages and backgrounds.
- Provide research-based resources and information to clients.
- Provides leadership for county strategic planning and program planning based on local needs.
- Provides programming management and oversight in collaboration with program specialists and faculty.
- Develops local programming based on county needs with direction from the regional director, county programming committee and council.
- Provides direct instruction if possesses high level of education and experience.
- Evaluates and reports outcomes and impacts to councils, stakeholders, and ISU Extension and Outreach.
- Serves as county staff representative for the extension council and creates council agendas and board packets.
- Oversees day-to-day office operations.
- Manages local data collection in line with program area requirements.
- Oversee building maintenance and property management.
- Oversee equipment supplies and inventory balances.
- Inform extension council and regional director of county projects and project outcomes.
- Use standard policies and procedures regarding county business operations and council relations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervises county paid staff.
- Conduct yearly evaluations of county staff.
- Regional Director will coordinate County Director’s evaluation with the Page County Extension Personnel Committee.
- Manages the county budget.
- Secures and manages outside funding including grants and private sources.
- Manages project budgets within the program area.
- Maintain checks and balances according to the legal requirements and/or General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and developed in cooperation with the State of Iowa Auditor’s office.
- Continually develop and enhance relevant skills and understand current professional standards.
- Attend regional and state professional development meetings to stay current with programs, services, and computer updates.
- Maintain knowledge of ISU Extension and Outreach Educational Programs and Publications.
- High School Diploma and minimum three years management or leadership experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Content knowledge in at least one field: agriculture and natural resources, human sciences, youth development, community and economic development.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Computer, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Team player and people oriented.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Teaching or facilitation experience in field related to program area if direct instruction is a required job responsibility.
- Ability to pass a background check in accordance with ISU policy.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree with additional years’ experience.
- Demonstrated record of establishing new programs.
- Successful contract and grant writing experience.
- Experience working cooperatively with boards and diverse groups.
Interested applicants are asked to submit the following materials to email@example.com no later than March 1 or until filled:
- Current resume,
- Three professional references,
- Cover letter detailing interest and qualifications for this position.
Or mail to Julie Hering Kent - 311 E. Washington Street, Clarinda, IA 51632
Benefits include competitive wage, paid sick leave, holidays, and vacation, IPERS (Iowa Public Employee’s Retirement System), Employee Assistance Program. Partial insurance premium available toward ISU plan.