To provide support to local Extension staff as needed. This will include, but is not limited to, support for summer camps, county fair and other programming.
- Primary focus of work will be assisting staff in a fast-paced environment on projects that are leading to an educational event, workshop and/or other delivery of Extension subject matter.
- Assist in summer educational programing and provide other support as needed.
- Work with Extension office personnel and 4-H families to organize, prepare, and deliver 4-H activities at the O’Brien County Fair.
- Report to County Youth Staff in an efficient manner in all aspects of program details relevant to activity and program success.
- Post pictures and updates on Extension social media and in the 4-H App following official guidelines.
- Provide excellent and professional customer support in and out of the office.
- O’Brien County Fair – July 22-27, 2023 - assist in all duties and be available during fair week with increased hours.
- Perform various Fair duties such as organizing and scheduling events, recruiting judges and assistants, and inputting fair results.
- Help with setting up and tearing down of Non-Livestock Building at Fair.
- Other duties as assigned by the O’Brien County Extension Council.
- Be able to communicate professionally and effectively in verbal and written form with clients and staff members.
- Work effectively and efficiently with others (teamwork) in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize events and activities for the best possible outcomes.
- Ability to manage and maintain details to ensure efficient and speedy completion of projects.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Basic computer skills using Microsoft Office programs, e-mail, internet and social media knowledge.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle are required.
- Ability to be approved through the Background Screening Program.
- Proficient with office machines, i.e. computer, copier, and telephone.
- Start date end of May through early August.
- Hourly position, 30-35 hours per week depending on activities and projects in process. Monday – Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Fridays, if needed. The weeks before, during and after county fair will require more hours of work.
- Minimum pay $13.00 per hour, negotiable depending upon qualifications and budget.
- Entry level position.
- Opportunity for personal growth and career development in a dynamic, positive, education environment.
For first review, submit completed application to Marsha Rehder, firstname.lastname@example.org, by February 15, 2023.
Minimum pay $13.00 per hour, negotiable depending upon qualifications and budget.