Mills County Extension is seeking a qualified candidate to assist with summer programming in 2023. The position will provide assistance to Iowa State University Extension and Outreach staff in Mills County to carry out various summer activities, including but not limited to day camps, youth programming, 4-H workshops and the Mills County Fair.
- Assist with summer events and activities including but not limited to day camps, youth programming, 4-H workshops, and the County Fair
- Assist with county fair preparation
- Assist with data entry and coordination
- Assist at shows and events at the Mills County Fair
- Assist with general office duties such as answering phone, organizing materials, photocopying, etc.
- A high school diploma and at least one year of post high school education required
- Ability to pass background screening to meet the Child Protection and Safety Policy requirements
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Strong organization, communication and people skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Organizational skills
- Must be available to work additional hours during the week of the Mills County Fair (July 6-11, 2023)
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a temporary position beginning in mid/late May through early August. Start and end dates negotiable. Approximately 30 to 40 hours per week, increasing around county fair week.
Interested applicants are asked to submit the completed
, current resume, and cover letter detailing interest and qualifications for this position to Julie Hering Kent at email@example.com. Questions can be directed to Julie at 712-240-0005. Guaranteed consideration date for applications is March 12, 2023. This position will remain open until filled.