- Assist with the organization of county 4-H/county fair youth activities and events, including: 4-H communication day, clothing event, food challenge day, fair livestock events, and other assigned responsibilities associated with the 4-H program, fair events, and activities.
- Implement and assist Marion County youth programs, including day camps, workshops, community events, and other activities at the fair.
- Provide support for youth program leadership and volunteer support, serve as resource person; some evening and weekend work required.
- Recruit and work with volunteers for Youth/4-H activities in a team atmosphere.
- Present yourself as an ISU Extension & Outreach professional through public relations and networking.
- Use a computer for online data entry.
- Prepare letters, emails and other communication with clients and volunteers.
- Assist with daily office procedures as needed.
- Assist in maintaining a professional atmosphere through courteous and efficient service in the office and on the phone.
- Report and evaluate the impact of programs through weekly program summaries and monthly reports.
- Comprehensive progress summary to County Extension Council of activities, programming, and impact at the end of the summer.
- Any other related duties deemed necessary.
- High School diploma/equivalent
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Team Player and People Oriented
- Problem-Solving Skills, Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks.
- Computer literacy required (MS Office, data entry, fluent with e-mail programs)
- Valid driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle with proof of vehicle liability coverage
- Must be able to submit and pass a background screening
- Experience planning or coordinating events or programs
- Experience working with youth
- Experience with 4-H, Extension programs or FFA
Reports to: Marion County 4-H Youth Coordinator with direction from other staff
Employment period: May - August
Hours: Schedule to be determined upon hire, will include occasional nights and weekends, additional hours may be scheduled during County Fair and may include overtime
To be guaranteed for consideration, please fill out and return the application, a cover letter and a current resume to Ashtin Wells, County Youth Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at 201 N Iowa Street, Knoxville, IA 50138 by Sunday, December 31st.