The role of the 4-H Food Stand Manager/s is to provide daily guidance to 4-H youth, parents and volunteers who help run the food stand while ensuring that all workers are following Serve Safe guidelines and license requirements. We are looking to hire 2 people for this role, each working up to 40 hours during the week of the County Fair. Madison County Fair is July 17-21, 2024
Applications close March 1st or until filled.
- Attend pre-fair/post-fair meetings with the Youth Committee
- Order food and supplies with support from Extension staff.
- Confirm arrangements to have equipment and/or supplies in the food stand prior to the start of the fair. (There may be a mid-week delivery due to space)
- Review 4-H worker schedule with the Extension Staff/Youth Committee.
- Assist with the set-up of food stand prior to fair.
- Open the Food Stand each morning of the fair.
- Close the Food Stand each evening of the fair.
- Take daily inventory of food and paper supplies, etc. to determine needs.
- Keep records of food and supplies
- Turn records of food, supplies, and completed volunteer log into the Extension office at the end of fair.
- Coordinate/manage daily operation of the Food Stand with 4-H workers provided Wednesday through Sunday.
- Maintain temperature records for food safety.
- Assist with the storage of equipment/supplies after the fair.
- Ensure all workers are following Serve safe guidelines and license requirements.
Experience working with youth.
Prior food service experience is preferred.
One shift approximately 6am-3pm, the other works 11:30-8:30pm. They both take one half-hour lunch break plus two 15-minute breaks.
Time Frame: July 1-21 ( Stand is operational July 17-21)
Hours of food stand operation: 7am breakfast- 8pm closing
Interested applicants should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.