The role of the 4-H Food Stand Manager is to provide daily guidance to 4-H youth, parents and volunteers who help run the food stand while ensuring that all workers are following Serve Safe guidelines and license requirements. We are looking to hire 2 people for this role, each working up to 40 hours during the week of County Fair. Madison County Fair is July 19-23, 2023. The operation of the food stand will be completed with assigned Madison County 4-H clubs.
Applications close April 14, 2023, or until filled.
- Attend pre-fair meetings with the Youth Committee
- Order food and supplies with support from Extension staff. (Mid-May to June)
- Confirm arrangements to have equipment and/or supplies in the food stand prior to the start of the fair. (There may be a mid-week delivery due to space)
- Review 4-H worker schedule with the Extension Staff/Youth Committee.
- Assist with the set-up of the food stand prior to the fair.
Fair Week Duties:
- Open the Food Stand each morning of the fair.
- Close the Food Stand each evening of the fair with help of the assigned 4-H Club.
- Take daily inventory of food and paper supplies, etc. to determine needs.
- Keep records of food and supplies
- Coordinate/manage daily operation of the Food Stand with 4-H workers provided Wednesday through Sunday.
- Maintain temperature records for food safety.
- Ensure all workers are following Serve safe guidelines and license requirements.
- Attend post-fair meetings with the Youth Committee
- Turn records of food, supplies, and completed volunteer log into the Extension office at the end of fair.
- Assist with the storage of equipment/supplies after the fair.
Prior management experience and experience in the food supply industry will help applicants to be successful, but is not mandatory.
Both positions take one half-hour lunch break plus two 15-minute breaks.
Time Frame: Pre-Fair Duties: Mid-May through June. Food Stand set up: July 15th. Stand is operational: July 16th and July 19-23rd. Post-Fair: End of July
Hours of food stand operation: Sat and Sunday of fair 6:30 am to 9:30 pm and Wed- Friday of fair 9:00 am – 9:30 pm
40 hours/week of fair
Mileage for use of the personal vehicle in the performance of approved duties will be paid at the current Madison County travel allowance rate
Employment is contingent on successful background screening.
To apply send resume to Lindsey Young via email - firstname.lastname@example.org