To lead the coordination of Ag and Natural Resource (ANR) programming in Linn and Benton County. Under general supervision, the coordinator will collaborate with a team of state and county staff to plan and implement ISU Extension and Outreach ANR programming, within the Land Grant mission of Iowa State University. The primary focus of this role is to coordinate programming that meets the mission, objectives and standards of the Iowa State University Extension and Outreach and is in alignment with Linn County ISU Extension and Outreach strategic plan, and policies and procedures. Primary focus on the following:
- Create, Coordinate and facilitate a bi-monthly multi-county (Linn and Benton) advisory council consisting of community members from each county, that will advise on community needs and support impactful programming in ANR
- Coordinate and promote current and new educational and outreach programming opportunities in each county in the focus areas of food security and quality, mental health, conservation and economic self-sufficiency for women in agriculture.
- Cultivate partnerships and expand the reach of Iowa State Extension and Outreach by entering into county and regional partnership or sponsorship opportunitie.
- Provide direct instruction of education and experience to primarily adults and some youth.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement educational programming in a specific program area in collaboration with program specialists, regional directors and councils.
- Build community collaborations and serve as the face of ISU Extension and Outreach locally.
- Inform supervisor of county projects and project outcomes.
- Support and initiate strategies to develop volunteer networks.
- Manages local data collection in line with program area requirements
- Manages project budgets within the program area.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with staff and clients in each county.
- Continually develop and enhance relevant skills and understand current professional standards.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree, with at least 1 year experience in agriculture or natural resources field.
- Content knowledge in the field of agriculture and natural resources
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Computer, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Team player and people oriented
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Teaching, facilitation or coordination experience in agriculture and natural resources
- Bachelor's degree with additional years’ experience
- Demonstrated record of establishing new programs and new partners
- Experience working cooperatively with diverse groups
PRIMARY LOCATION: ISU Extension and Outreach-Linn and Benton Counties, primarily office based, with some remote-flexibility, and work within both rural and urban communities in each county
STATUS: 32 hours a week, non-exempt w/ flexible schedule, primarily daytime work but night and weekend work is required
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: The leadership team in each county will work jointly to supervise this position. Linn County Extension and Outreach director will supervise all HR-related needs and requirements. County leaders will supervise the projects and events in each county.
For more information or questions, please contact:
Sarah Wilson, Office Manager Linn County
(319) 377-9839 • email@example.com