ISU Extension and Outreach in Lee County (Lee County Extension) builds a strong Iowa by connecting residents to the research and resources developed by Iowa State University. ISU Extension and Outreach in Lee County offers educational programming and experiential learning opportunities to residents focused in four areas: K-12 outreach and youth development; health and well-being; agriculture and natural resources; and community and economic development.
Lee County Extension, based in Donnellson, has an immediate full-time opening in the areas of office support and youth livestock coordination. Under general supervision, this person will work directly with the public as well as the office staff to provide customer service, program support and public communications about Lee County Extension programming. There are some shared responsibilities, so this person must be a skilled communicator to ensure positive customer service.
• Provide a positive and welcoming customer service experience to all clients in all interactions
• Answer main phone line and handle client requests
• Organize and maintain office files, office supply cupboards, copy paper shelves, publications and equipment inventory
• Responsible for maintaining bulletin board and front office to be neat. Have current materials on display.
• Coordinate internal and external reservations and use of the conference rooms.
• Set up conference room for scheduled meetings and ensure they are clean and ready for next user(s).
• Provide hospitality to guests using conference rooms
• Open office at 8:00 am and close the office at 4:30 pm on Monday- Thursday. Open office at 8:00 am and close office at noon on Fridays.
• Coordinate registrations for programs
• Maintain and update binders/electronic files used for assisting client’s questions.
• Take cash, check and make receipts.
• Reconcile cash drawer on a bi-weekly schedule.
• Make deposits weekly.
• Sort and deliver mail to staff, prepare individual mailings and packages for shipment.
• Create invoices and reconcile outstanding checks.
Pesticide Applicator Training Coordination:
• Keep accurate records for Commercial and Private Pesticide Applicator Training Program
• Communicate with IDALS and ISU Extension and Outreach state staff on regulations and appropriate
procedures on processing registrations and certifications
• Coordinate semi-annual pesticide trainings, scheduling reshows when appropriate.
• Manage payments and invoices from individuals, companies, and governments.
Youth Livestock Coordination:
• Coordinates all weigh-ins, livestock workshop, dog obedience classes, livestock fair shows (horse, cattle, sheep, meat goat, dog, rabbit, small pets, poultry/fowl, and swine)
• Manges and works directly with superintendents, livestock committee members, Extension Fair Committee, and Fair Partnership Committee
• In charge of livestock awards and recognition
• Provide communication to 4-H families and volunteers via newsletters, social media, mails, emails, and texts.
• Ability to use/learn FairEntry.com, 4-H Online, and YQCA databases.
• Create and reviews livestock section of the Lee County fair book.
• Maintaining a relationship with fair vet, ultrasound tech, fair board, and FFA advisors.
• Ability to work with the County Youth Educator.
Communications and Other Responsibilities
• Coordinate 4-H Clubs’ account requests and processing club deposits, finance claim forms, generate monthly club finances emails
• Interest and knowledge in horticulture and agriculture needed
• Provide clerical support to field specialist and staff members
• Oversees the office kitchen organizations and maintenance
• Stay up to date on Extension policies and program changes to communicate the most accurate information to clients seeking assistance
• Complete other duties as assigned
• Follows all policies, rules and procedures as directed by the Extension Council or Regional Director.
• Associate degree or four or more years’ professional work experience
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, Internet, email
• Able to handle cash and checks, accurately documenting receipts in conjunction with the program coordinator
• Knowledge of basic office machinery
• Able to lift and move 40 pounds
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent customer service – works well with the public
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Well organized and capable of managing multiple responsibilities
• Problem solving skills
Full-time position M-Th. 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Fri. 8:00 am to noon. Occasional early arrival, evening or weekend hours may occur.
Required Documents (.pdf format) emailed to email@example.com
• Cover Letter, identify which position(s) applying
• 3 professional references
• ISU Extension and Outreach, Lee County Employment Application-
IPERS retirement plan
Health, Dental & Vision Insurance