Jones County office of Iowa State University Extension and Outreach seeks a customer service-focused individual to assist with various administrative tasks in the Jones County office on an as-needed basis to maintain office coverage. This person will provide additional support to permanent staff during busy periods or when extra help is required (this may include office professional development days, staff vacations, or other leaves of absence). This person will provide excellent customer service using Extension materials and resources.
This position will be posted until filled. This is a PRN position which does not qualify for health, dental, or PTO. IPERS will be paid upon qualification as determined by the IPERS administration. The hours of service related to this position are primarily Monday through Thursday between the hours of 8 and 4:30pm. Some Friday hours or times may be warranted based on need and agreement between the staff and management.
- Assists clients by phone, email, or walk-in.
- Assists county-paid staff and specialists with program execution and day-to-day office functions.
- May fulfill the role of an assistant bookkeeper.
- May maintain a high level of marketing and visibility for all programs, including websites and social media channels.
- Use standard policies and procedures regarding county business operations and council relations.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with staff and clients in the county.
- Oversee equipment supplies and inventory balances.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or equivalent
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Computer, email, Microsoft Office Suite, and other online file-sharing platforms.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Team player and people-oriented
- Ability to multi-task and organize
- Professional office experience
- Bookkeeping experience
SUPERVISOR: Regional director and extension council
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status and will not be discriminated against.