Iowa 4-H and the County Youth Coordinator will focus on Positive Youth Development. Staff will work with youth, volunteers, and professionals to plan, implement, and evaluate a progressive series of educational programs and experiences that work toward multiple life skill outcomes (productive citizens, outstanding communicators, effective leaders, and successful learners). This position should empower youth to reach their full potential through Youth Adult Partnerships and research-based experiences.
- Support the county and regional 4-H Youth program areas of 4-H clubs, Clover Kids, after-school, day camps and others as assigned.
- Implement research-based & and approved educational programs, including youth outreach to local schools.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to advance the Iowa 4-H mission and vision.
- Develop and implement a year-round county recruitment and retention strategy to bring diverse youth from entry-point activities into long-term involvement in 4-H.
- Develop and implement a year-round county recruitment and retention strategy for diverse community and corporate volunteers.
- Assure compliance with risk management policies, including required training and background checks of volunteers.
- Establish and maintain 4-H governance committees.
- Promote 4-H state and county programs, events, and activities, working with local partners and media.
- Communicate effectively and build relationships with the County Extension Council, youth, families, volunteers, other extension staff and community partners.
- Represent Iowa State University, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, and Iowa 4-H professionally and positively.
- Collect, analyze, and share county data to ensure program effectiveness.
- Implement programs in accordance with state and federal guidelines and policies and share with volunteers and community partners.
- Administer evaluations and share impacts with County Extension Council and partners.
- Work with the regional director and youth program specialist on an annual program budget.
- Experience working with youth and volunteers
- Experience with Positive Youth Development
- Team player
- Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Problem-solving skills
- Cultural competence
- Computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Publisher
- Organizational skills
- Project management skills
- Conflict management and resolution skills
- Collaboration and networking skills
- Associate's or Bachelor’s degree
- Experience organizing events and activities
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, position working at the Jefferson County Extension Office. Some evenings and weekends are required. Programming will often take place out of the office; therefore, a valid driver's license and reliable transportation are required. Mileage will be reimbursed at the current IRS rate. This position requires routine office demands, with occasional lifting of moderate weights, including carrying program materials, stacking chairs, moving tables, etc.
Employment is contingent on a successful background screening.
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com and include "Jefferson County CYC" in the subject line.
- Job Application - Fillable PDF
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references
Apply by February 29, 2024.
Questions? Please contact Cindy Hall, Regional Director, 641-751-6753
- Health insurance
- Holiday pay
- Sick leave
- Employee Assistance Program