The Jasper County Agricultural Extension Council (Council) exists to provide effective program leadership and financial oversight for the Jasper County Agricultural Extension District. The RSVP Program Coordinator serves as a representative of the council providing support for the operation of RSVP. The RSVP Program Coordinator partners with ISU Extension, district staff, advisory council members, and other agencies to improve the quality of life of Jasper County residents utilizing the experience and wisdom of volunteers age 55 and above.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Plan, organize, and implement recruitment, enrollment, orientation and placement of senior volunteers.
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relations with local public service organizations and agencies promoting needed community support for the program.
- In partnership with RSVP Director, coordinates program activities.
- Support volunteers, volunteer stations
- Serve on councils, committees and host volunteer recognition events
- Record and report volunteer hours.
- Arrange regular recognition of volunteers, organizations and individuals who contribute support of the RSVP program.
- Provide clerical support for the program.
- Prepare newsletters and media materials.
- Maintain accurate records and collect data on program operations and program effectiveness.
- Adhere to the approved budget, apply sound fiscal procedures; provide budget data as required;
- Attend required training conferences and staff meetings.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Excellent communication skills; advanced microcomputer skills - Microsoft Windows, Word for Windows and Excel preferred or related programs; demonstrable ability to maintain appropriate program records; ability to work as a team member; willingness to learn about working with older people and the professionals serving the community at large.
Bachelor’s degree; AA, AS, OR relevant experience.
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status and will not be discriminated against.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. For the full non-discrimination statement or accommodation inquiries, go to www.extension.iastate.edu/diversity/ext.
Click here for application. Email resume, application, references and cover letter to: Attn: Ann Leonard, Council Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to: Attn: Ann Leonard, Jasper County Extension and Outreach, 550 N 2nd Ave W, Newton, IA 50208.
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan IPERS