Iowa 4-H and the County Youth Coordinator will focus on Positive Youth Development (PYD). Staff will work with youth, volunteers, and professionals to plan, implement, and evaluate a progressive series of educational programs and experiences that work toward multiple life skill outcomes (productive citizens, outstanding communicators, effective leaders, and successful learners). This position should empower youth to reach their full potential through Youth Adult Partnerships and research-based experiences.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to advance the Iowa 4-H mission and vision.
- Develop and implement a year-round county recruitment and retention strategy for diverse community and corporate volunteers.
- Develop and implement a year-round county recruitment and retention strategy to bring diverse youth from entry-point activities into long-term involvement in
- Assure compliance with risk management policies, including required training and background checks of volunteers.
- Establish and maintain 4-H governance committees.
- Promote 4-H state and county programs, events, and activities, working with local partners and media.
- Communicate effectively and build relationships with the County Extension Council, youth, families, volunteers, other extension staff and community partners.
- Represent Iowa State University, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, and Iowa 4-H professionally and positively.
- Collect, analyze, and share county data to ensure program effectiveness.
- Implement programs in accordance with state and federal guidelines and policies and share with volunteers and community partners.
- Administer evaluations and share impacts with County Extension Council and partners.
- Work with County Extension Council to ensure adequate financial resources are secured.
- Team player
- Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Problem solving skills
- Cultural competence
- Computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Organizational skills
- Project management skills
- Conflict management and resolution skills
- Collaboration and networking skills
- Experience working with youth and volunteers
- Experience with volunteer development
- Experience with Positive Youth Development
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bilingual; fluent in a second language
- Experience organizing events and activities
Iowa State University Extension & Outreach, Jackson County is seeking 4-H County Youth Coordinator. 40 hours per week with flexible schedule. Applications can be downloaded here or you can email email@example.com to request an application.
Send completed application, cover letter, resume with at least 3 references to Amber Matthiesen, County Director, Jackson County Extension, 201 W. Platt St., Maquoketa, IA 52060 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications due September 22 or until filled.