- Assist with the organization of county 4-H/county fair youth activities and events, including: 4-H educational presentations; clothing event; judging schedule for home economics, science, mechanics and arts; assist with fair livestock events; and other assigned responsibilities associated with the 4-H program, fair events, and activities.
- Recruit and work with volunteers for Youth/4-H activities in a team atmosphere.
- Use a computer for online data entry. Other computer skills valued using word, excel, publisher.
- Assist and provide support for Iowa County Youth programs throughout time specified in an on-going basis as needed. May include summer camps for youth.
- Provide for Youth Program leadership and volunteer support, serve as resource person; some evening and weekend work required
- Knowledge of the 4-H community club program.
- Experience in leadership positions associated with youth development programs
- Experience using a computer for data entry and word processing
- Valid driver’s license and access to a car
- High school diploma or equivalent, post high school education preferred
- The employee will submit to and successfully pass the mandatory Child Protection screening and background check
This is a temporary, full-time position and requires 40 hour per week, some evenings, some weekends, and may include additional overtime hours. The wage for this position is $15 per hour. This position begins mid-May through the beginning of August.
Please complete the application and return it to: Iowa County Extension and Outreach, c/o Katharinna Bain, 223 W. Welsh Street, Williamsburg, Iowa 52361 -OR- e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:30 p.m., Friday, March 31st. Please include a completed application, cover letter, resume and list of references for our review. Only prospective applicants that include an application, resume, letter of application and references will be considered.
Benefits: This position is temporary. The employer will pay its portion of FICA.
Accountability: The position is under supervision of the Regional Director and Extension Council, with day-to-day support provided by the County Youth Coordinator, Youth Program Specialist and other county staff.