1 Part-time 4-H Summer Educator position is available in Northwest Iowa. The educator will work with youth in Calhoun, Ida, and Sac counties. The educator will collaborate with Extension staff to create and support 4-H research-based education. Key programming priorities throughout the summer include:
- The direct planning and delivery of a variety of day camps for youth in grades 4-12. Camp topics will focus on STEM, Agriculture and Natural Resources, Communication and the Arts, Healthy Living, and Leadership and Civic Engagement. All camps will encourage youth to participate in an inquiry-based learning program.
Direct and conduct research-based educational programming in predetermined topics.
Delivery of 4-H day camps to youth in three counties, including but not limited to youth from underserved populations.
Recruit and work with adult volunteers and county Extension staff to support these educational opportunities.
Maintain a close working relationship with the Extension Youth Staff supervisor, including keeping the supervisor and all staff updated on programming.
Work independently and with other staff to secure necessary resources (volunteers, partners, materials, and donations) to support 4-H Summer Camps in Calhoun, Ida, and Sac counties.
Create supply orders and manage resources to ensure the effective delivery of educational programs.
Offer comprehensive and complex educational programming to support long-term behavioral and conditional change in youth.
Be recognized locally as an Extension professional through public relations and networking.
Report and evaluate the impact of programs through program summaries and/or evaluations.
Provide comprehensive impact report to Extension Councils in the counties of Calhoun, Ida, and Sac and may be contracted with other regional counties for services as available.
- Either a Bachelor’s degree in education, science education, agriculture, agriculture education, agriculture communications, biology, or related field to Extension discipline,
An undergraduate sophomore, junior, or senior level college student with a major in education, science education, agriculture, agriculture education, agriculture communications, biology, art education, nutrition, family consumer science, or related field to Extension discipline also meets the required qualification for this position.
- Evidence of good organizational skills
- Evidence of excellent performance working with youth and adults in group and classroom settings
- Evidence of teaching youth or adult program delivery
- Good written, oral, and customer relations communication skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of products, internet, and email application
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Pass the background screening to meet the Child Protection and Safety Policy
- Coursework in education with experience in formal and/or non-formal teaching
- Experience as a user of Extension and Outreach programs
The Part-time 4-H Summer Educator will work a 40 hour/week schedule starting approximately May 28, 2024 – June 28, 2024, with a per hour pay rate of $15/hour. The educator will work approximately 184 hours.
Interested applicants are asked to please submit the following documents electronically for first review by the end of the day FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2024 to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail/drop off paper documents at: ISU Extension and Outreach Ida County, 209 ½ Moorehead Avenue, Ida Grove, IA 51445 in care of Krista Lukins.
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three professional references
For questions regarding this position, please contact Krista Lukins ISU Extension and Outreach, Ida County, 209 ½ Moorehead Avenue, Ida Grove, IA 51445 via phone at 712-364-3003 or via email at email@example.com.