Ida County Extension office is accepting applications for custodial services for approximately 2,400 square feet of office space. Approximately 1 1/2 -3 hours every week. Complete job description can be found at: https://www.extension.iastate.edu/ida or Ida County Extension, 209 1/2 Moorehead Avenue., Ida Grove, IA 51445.
- The position requires cleaning 2,400 square feet of office space at the Ida County Extension Office, 209½ Moorehead Ave., Ida Grove, Iowa, as described below.
- Services needed weekly include:
- Vacuum carpet.
- Sweep and/or wash linoleum floors and desk floor mats.
- Clean office desktops, file tops, table tops, counter tops, bookcases, and window sills.
- Clean windows and doors (inside and outside weather permitting).
- Wash and clean lavatories and kitchenette including under the microwave.
- Maintain rest room facilities in clean and sanitary conditions.
- Replenish supplies in rest room.
- Clean telephone receivers and cradles.
- Empty wastebaskets into larger trash can in the storage room and set out for Friday morning pick up.
- Empty recycling receptacles throughout the office into the recycling bin in the storage room and set out for Friday morning pick up.
- Perform other services necessary to maintain a clean and sanitary office.
- Services needed monthly include:
- Thoroughly clean one or two areas: include walls, baseboards, tops of doorframes, picture frames, window blinds, bathroom vents, chairs, storage room floor, etc on a rotating basis.
- Spot clean carpets as necessary.
- Report the following to front desk:
- Any malfunction of equipment.
- When any supplies run low.
- When help is needed to replace burned out light bulbs, to clean recessed light panels, or to replace furnace filters.
- Anything else you feel is necessary.
- Clean should not interfere with meetings in progress.
- Extension District agrees to provide paper towels, hand soap, and toilet paper for restrooms and all cleaning equipment and supplies.
- “B” and “C” above shall serve as a checklist for evaluation of janitorial services.
- Custodian shall agree to always adhere to Extension’s personnel policy.
Previous custodian/janitorial experience preferred but not required.
Submit letter of application, application form, and resume with references by September 15th to: Krista Lukins, Ida County Extension or Terry Janssen at firstname.lastname@example.org. In accordance with ISU Extension and Outreach's policy, a background check will be completed on the selected candidate.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. For full non-discrimination statement or accommodation inquiries, go to www.extension.iastate.edu/diversity/ext.