Iowa 4-H and the Ida County Youth Coordinator will focus on Positive Youth Development (PYD). Staff will work with youth, volunteers, and professionals to plan, implement, and evaluate a progressive series of educational programs and experiences that work toward multiple life skill outcomes (productive citizens, outstanding communicators, effective leaders, and successful learners). This position should empower youth to reach their full potential through Youth Adult Partnerships and research-based experiences.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to advance the Iowa 4-H mission and vision.
- Develop and implement a year-round county recruitment and retention strategy for diverse community and corporate volunteers.
- Develop and implement a year-round county recruitment and retention strategy to bring diverse youth from entry-point activities into long-term involvement in
- Assure compliance with risk management policies, including required training and background checks of volunteers.
- Establish and maintain 4-H governance committees.
- Promote 4-H state and county programs, events, and activities, working with local partners and media.
- Communicate effectively and build relationships with the Regional Director, County Extension Council, youth, families, volunteers, other extension staff and community partners.
- Represent Iowa State University, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, and Iowa 4-H professionally and positively.
- Collect, analyze, and share county data to ensure program effectiveness.
- Implement programs in accordance with state and federal guidelines and policies and share with volunteers and community partners.
- Administer evaluations and share impacts with Regional Director, County Extension Council and partners.
- Work with Regional Director and County Extension Council to ensure adequate financial and physical resources are secured.
- Regularly participate in local, state and national professional development opportunities.
- Maintain a professional office workspace, program materials, record and files.
- Follow all policies, rules and procedures.
- Team player
- Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Problem solving skills
- Cultural competence
- Computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Organizational skills
- Project management skills
- Conflict management and resolution skills
- Collaboration and networking skills
- Experience working with youth and volunteers
- Experience with volunteer development
- Experience with Positive Youth Development
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience organizing events and activities
Reports directly to and receives direction from the Regional Director with input from the county extension council. Program reporting is to the Iowa 4-H youth program specialist.
A background check will be completed on the selected applicant.
Resume with references, lett of application and application form can be dropped off or mailed to:
Ida County Extension and Outreach
c/o Youth Coordinator
209 1/2 Moorehead Avenue
Ida Grove, IA 51445
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status and will not be discriminated against.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. For the full non-discrimination statement or accommodation inquiries, go to www.extension.iastate.edu/diversity/ext.
Health and retirement benefits