Guthrie County Extension will hire two temporary summer assistants. The position will be a temporary position working approximately 32-40 hours/week depending on schedules. This support position requires a positive team player who assists all Extension staff with programming. The positions will have a focus on summer youth programming such as day camps, STEM programs, and other youth outreach. The positions will help in planning and communication for county fair. Positions will be exposed to a wide variety of work experiences and programming opportunities. Other duties will be assigned throughout the summer based on programming and staffing needs.
This position is under the direction of the Extension Council. Normal office hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Fridays from 8-12. Work hours vary with some nights and weekends required. Availability to return for County Fair over Labor Day weekend is preferred. In accordance with ISU Extension Child Protection and Safety Policy, a background check will be conducted.
- Answering the telephone, greeting clients, and providing information or appropriate referrals
- Collection and management of registrations, entries and other program data
- Assist with delivery of summer 4-H/Youth programs as well as other programs as assigned
- Assist with county fair events and preparation for county fair
- Prepare and organize event/workshop/camp materials as necessary
- Provide other program support as needed to Extension Staff
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Publisher, etc.)
- Experience in organizing activities, events, and in working with groups
- Desire to work with youth
- Organizational and problem-solving skills and ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Valid driver’s license, access to transportation
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 pound