Assist Grundy County Program Director with summer community gardens projects and programming within Grundy County. This is a temporary position with a beginning date of mid-May and an ending date of approximately early-August; approximately 50 over total for the summer. Normal office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00AM to 4:30PM. Work week hours will be flexible, depending on garden and programming needs.
- Assist with planning and implementing donation gardens at the community gardens in Grundy County. Activities include: planting, weeding, harvesting produce and donating to local in need businesses.
- Assist in programming at the Grundy Center Farmers Market, help develop educational activities for local foods events as a part of youth outreach.
- Work with full time staff to develop and nurture industry partnerships and work with community partners to plan programming
- Attend staff meetings or other events as assigned by the supervisor
- Supervisors are the Grundy County Extension REED and Grundy County Program Director.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing to youth and adults.
- Experience in gardening, working outside a benefit but not requirement
- Experience in working with groups.
- Ability to work on projects with little supervision.
- Valid driver’s license and access to transportation.
- Must pass Child Protection and Safety Policy screening prior to employment.
To apply for this position, please completely fill out the