The Community and Economic Development (CED) Program with Iowa State University Extension and Outreach is seeking qualified candidates for a Field Specialist II/III – Local Government and Community Leadership Engagement.
CED Field Specialists work within the Knowledge Teams of the CED program unit – teams comprised of faculty and specialists located throughout the state – to develop educational curricula, deliver educational programs, and provide facilitation, consultation, and technical assistance to a variety of audiences throughout Iowa. The successful candidate for this specific position will work as a member of the Local Government, and Community Engagement and Leadership Knowledge Teams to:
- Deliver existing successful educational programs such as training for local planning and zoning officials, Township Trustee training, board development and leadership training, government budgeting and finance, and others.
- Provide facilitation, strategic planning, and other assistance to a variety of government and public service entities.
- Work with the Local Government Knowledge Team to support the development of high quality education programs similar to those mentioned above that meet the needs of local governments in Iowa.
- Work with the Civic Engagement and Leadership Knowledge team to develop civic engagement strategies, and develop and deliver community leadership educational programs for a variety of community organizations.
- Network and collaborate with a variety of government and service entities in North Central Iowa to assess educational needs, conduct effective cooperative educational efforts, and provide subject matter support to these networks in order to build community capacity.
- Secure resources (contracts, grants, fees) to support programming.
The position will be filled at the Field Specialist II or III level. In addition to duties above, a Field Specialist III will serve as a model for others in using innovative and creative approaches to program development and delivery; conduct and analyze needs assessment activities and identify and implement innovative ways to meet clients’ needs; initiate interdisciplinary programming; and provide leadership/supervision and subject-matter expertise at the local, state, and national level.