The Summer Youth Assistant will be responsible for assisting or leading 4-H and Youth activities in Emmet County. This individual must be reliable, detail oriented, problem solver, self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of teams of staff and volunteers.
- Support the CYC in the organization, preparation and implementation of 4-H and youth activities, specifically summer camps.
- Recruit and communicate with volunteers needed for county fair.
- Complete data entry of Iowa State Fair and Clay County Fair entries, and other entries as assigned.
- Provide support for and organization of non-animal exhibits.
- Organize ribbons according to show.
- Provide office support and/or fair activities (Clover kids graduation and party, County Youth Council activities) assistance at the county fair.
- Plays an important role in supporting county youth coordinator and staff.
- Opportunity to work on a special project as identified by the candidate.
- Responsible for taking photos of summer activities and events. Create a slide show of summer in review.
- Work with local media to enhance media exposure of summer activities and events.
- Must have obtained a high school diploma by May 2023
- Must have a valid driver’s license and available transportation
- In accordance with ISU Extension Child Protection and Safety Policy, a criminal record check will be completed by First Advantage Background Screening Series on the applicant selected for this position. Candidate must successfully pass this background screening.
- Effective verbal and written communication including phone and computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher)
- 4-H experience or experience in working with youth
- Effective organizational and time management
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually on projects
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
This position will remain open until filled
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status and will not be discriminated against.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. For the full non-discrimination statement or accommodation inquiries, go to www.extension.iastate.edu/diversity/ext.