The Summer Youth Assistant will be responsible for assisting or leading 4-H and Youth activities in Emmet County. This individual must be reliable, detail oriented, problem solver, self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of teams of staff and volunteers.
- Support the CYC in the organization, preparation and implementation of 4-H and youth activities, specifically summer camps.
- Recruit and communicate with volunteers needed for county fair.
- Complete data entry of Iowa State Fair and Clay County Fair entries, and other entries as assigned.
- Provide support for and organization of non-animal exhibits.
- Organize ribbons according to show.
- Provide office support and/or fair activities (Clover kids graduation and party, County Youth Council activities) assistance at the county fair.
- Plays an important role in supporting county youth coordinator and staff.
- Opportunity to work on a special project as identified by the candidate.
- Responsible for taking photos of summer activities and events. Create a slide show of summer in review.
- Work with local media to enhance media exposure of summer activities and events.
- Must have completed a minimum of 1 year of college education by May 2022
- (not including dual credit courses taken in high school)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and available transportation
- In accordance with ISU Extension Child Protection and Safety Policy, a criminal record check will be completed by First Advantage Background Screening Series on the applicant selected for this position. Candidate must successfully pass this background screening.
- Effective verbal and written communication including phone and computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher)
- 4-H experience or experience in working with youth
- Effective organizational and time management
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually on projects
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
This position will remain open until filled