The summer intern is responsible for providing assistance to county staff in the areas of programming, customer service, and public relations/marketing. This position is temporary (approximately June 3 to August 9, 2024), part-time (approximately 220 hours) under the supervision of the Program Coordinator. Must be available to work 40 hours July 23-29th.
What follows is the basic job description; other duties may be assigned.
- Gather and organize Camp/Program materials
- Assist in delivering summer programming as needed
- Report any safety problems or issues immediately to supervisor
- Aid in preparation for 2024 fair
- 16 or older
- Current Student interested in or working toward a degree in education, communication, agriculture, or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Reliable and prompt
- Experience working with children and knowledge of child development
- Pleasant personality, eagerness to work with children
- Good customer service skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Pass a background check
Applications will be accepted through March 8th or until filled.
Please send resume, cover letter and references to Whitney Howell at email@example.com
Questions please call 319-310-3687
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. For the full non-discrimination statement or accommodation inquiries, go to www.extension.iastate.edu/diversity/ext.