The role of the 4-H Food Stand Manager/s is to provide daily guidance to 4-H youth, parents and volunteers who help run the food stand while ensuring that all workers are following Serve Safe guidelines and license requirements. We are looking to hire 2 people for this role, each working up to 40 hours during the week of County Fair. Dallas County Fair is July 9-14, 2024
Initial review of Applications begins December 1. Position will remain open until filled.
- Attend pre-fair/post-fair meetings with the Youth Committee
- Order food and supplies with support from Extension staff.
- Confirm arrangements to have equipment and/or supplies in the food stand prior to the start of the fair. (There may be a mid-week delivery due to space)
- Review 4-H worker schedule with the Extension Staff/Youth Committee.
- Assist with the set-up of food stand prior to fair.
- Open the Food Stand each morning of the fair.
- Close the Food Stand each evening of the fair.
- Take daily inventory of food and paper supplies, etc. to determine needs.
- Keep records of food and supplies
- Turn records of food, supplies, and completed volunteer log into the Extension office at the end of fair.
- Coordinate/manage daily operation of the Food Stand with 4-H workers provided Wednesday through Sunday.
- Maintain temperature records for food safety.
- Assist with the storage of equipment/supplies after the fair.
- Ensure all workers are following Serve safe guidelines and license requirements.
In 2023, one shift was approximately 6am-3pm, the other worked 11:30am-8:30pm. They both take one half-hour lunch break plus two 15-minute breaks. A similar splitting of shifts will be used with times finalized in early 2024.
Time Frame: July 1-17 (Food Stand set up July 7. Stand is operational July 9-14)
Hours of food stand operation in 2023 : 7am breakfast- 8pm closing (Similar but times finalize in early 2024)
Stipend: Beginning at $18 per hour - 40 hours week of fair
Mileage for use of personal vehicle in the performance of approved duties will be paid at the current Dallas County travel allowance rate
Employment contingent on successful screening in Child Protection Safety Program
Dallas County Job Application