This people-oriented team player will assist Crawford County ISU Extension staff with 4-H program operation (camps, fair, and state fair), and assist with other office programs and tasks as assigned by permanent staff. This job requires working closely with the County Youth Coordinator to carry out the Crawford County 4-H Program during peak program delivery.
- Assist with preparation of various forms for Crawford County Fair – 4-H department.
- Assist with scheduled events, i.e., livestock weigh-ins, 4-H Fashion Revue/Clothing Selection and Communications, outdoor adventures, etc.
- Assist with day camps – planning preparation, delivery and cleanup.
- Prepare reports and make copies as directed.
- Provide support in for on-site 4-H activities.
- Assist staff during county fair.
- Follow standard checklist for program/activity preparation and delivery.
- Build knowledge of and utilize Fair Entry and 4hOnline programs.
- Provide customer services and general support to all office activities.
Ability to read, write and follow directions. Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals. Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle (and proof of insurance) to transport equipment as needed. Ability to operate various computer programs, i.e. Excel, Word, Publisher and internet. Must pass background screen.
Knowledge of 4-H program. Ability to lift forty pounds. Be of upstanding moral character.
Temporary from mid-May to late July. Hours will vary. Generally, this job will be 40 hours per week. Hours will depend on program intensity and staffing.
Applications are available at the Crawford County Extension Office, 35 South Main Street, Denison, phone (712) 263-4697, or below . To apply, please deliver an application and resume with references to the Crawford County Extension Office or email materials to email@example.com. Position is open until filled. To be guaranteed for consideration, apply by 4:30 p.m., February 17, 2023. AA/EEOE