We are looking to employ 2 people as Summer 4-H Program Assistants.
Mid/Late-May to July 31, 2024 (some flexibility with start date)
Temporary Summer Position - Maximum 30 hours/week (except during the county fair) Monday – Friday (some evening/weekend work required) Wage is $12.00/hour
County Director – Clinton County
- Assist with and provide support for the organization/operation of county 4-H/Youth summer activities and events including educational presentations, clothing event, county fair and livestock events, and 4-H Day Camps.
- Availability during the Clinton County Fair/Club Show is mandatory.
- Lead several ISU Extension and Outreach summer youth educational programs at selected sites in Clinton County.
- Supervise children in activities/programs and ensure their safety.
- Serve as a resource person for activities/programs.
- Assist with leadership and training for youth and volunteers.
- Attend in-service training(s) when necessary.
- Submit records of program participation/evaluation, submit timesheet and travel reimbursement, etc. as required to Supervisor.
- Maintain regular contact with county staff and Youth Program Specialist(s).
- Perform other duties as assigned under supervision as required for successful operation.
- High school diploma.
- Knowledge of 4-H community club programs.
- Ability to use computer for data entry and word processing.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to work with youth.
- Demonstrated responsibility and leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate with youth, parents, and Extension professionals.
- Access to reliable transportation, across county.
To apply for SUMMER 4-H PROGRAM ASSISTANT position, submit:
- Cover Letter
- Three personal/professional references
Completed application that is available with instructions at: www.extension.iastate.edu/Clinton/jobs
Direct questions and submit materials to SUMMER 4-H PROGRAM ASSISTANT
Samuel Genson, County Director – Clinton County: firstname.lastname@example.org
At least one application item submitted via e-mail.
Samuel Genson, County Director
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, Clinton County
400 East 11th Street
DeWitt, IA 52742
- Mileage (from county office)
- Job-related fees
- Workmen’s Compensation