To provide leadership and oversight of the county office and staff. Implements a county plan of work that focuses on stakeholder education and engagement. Serves as the council representative and face of Extension in the community on behalf of Iowa State University Extension and Outreach.
- Provides leadership for county strategic planning and program planning based on local needs
- Builds community collaborations and serves as the face of ISU Extension and Outreach locally
- Provides programming management and oversight in collaboration with program specialists and faculty
- Supervises county paid staff
- Serves as county staff representative for the extension council and creates council agendas and board packets
- Manages the county budget
- Secures and manages outside funding including grants and private sources
- Oversees day-to-day office operations
- Evaluates and reports outcomes and impacts to councils, stakeholders, and ISU Extension and Outreach
- Develops local programming based on county needs with direction from the regional director and council.
- Builds community collaborations and serves as the face of ISU Extension and Outreach locally.
- Manages local data collection in line with program area requirements
- Manages project budgets within the program area.
- Provides direct instruction if possesses high level of education and experience.
- Maintain high level of marketing and visibility for all programs.
- Support and initiate strategies to develop volunteer networks.
- Oversee building maintenance and property management.
- Use standard policies and procedures regarding county business operations and council relations
- Maintain a positive working relationship with staff and clients in the county.
- Oversee equipment supplies and inventory balances.
- Inform extension council and regional director of county projects and project outcomes
- Continually develop and enhance relevant skills and understand current professional standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum three years management or leadership experience
- Supervisory experience
- Content knowledge in at least one field: agriculture and natural resources, human sciences, youth development, community and economic development
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Computer, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Team player and people oriented
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Teaching or facilitation experience in field related to program area if direct instruction is a required job responsibility
- Master’s degree with additional years’ experience
- Demonstrated record of establishing new programs
- Successful contract and grant writing experience
- Experience working cooperatively with boards and diverse groups
Complete Job Description
Interested applicants are asked to submit the completed documents:
Please send application, current resume, three professional references, and cover letter detailing interest and qualifications for this position to:
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach Chickasaw County
Attn: Bruce Arendt
506 W. Milwaukee Street
New Hampton, IA 50659
or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health Insurance, Vacation/Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, IPERS, and Travel Reimbursement