Position is responsible for working with County Youth Coordinators to facilitate in-person programming to youth with partner organizations throughout Cerro Gordo County. Intern will develop lesson plans utilizing research-based curriculum provided by Extension. This individual will be responsible for planning, organizing, and facilitating lessons to the youth, as well as documenting and reporting youth participation. Intern will be expected to help with Cerro Gordo County Fair as needed. Must be reliable, detail-orientated, self-motivated, and work well with youth.
1. Assist in organizing and teaching Extension youth afterschool programs and day camps to school age children in Cerro Gordo Countycommunities. Responsibilities will also include preparing for Clover Kids monthly, Kids in the Kitchen, and other duties as assigned.
2. Recruit youth participants as assigned by supervisor and in accordance and respect for affirmative action.
3. Work as a team with K-12 Youth Program Assistant, County Youth Coordinator, older 4-H youth volunteers, and other Extension staff as needed to carry out program assignments.
4. Attend in-service training and staff meetings as required by supervisor.
5. Submit records of program participation, program evaluation, wage, and mileage reports, as required by supervisor.
1. Interest in working with youth.
2. Experience in organizing and leading group activities.
3. Computer experience to complete reports and prepare communications.
4. Skills in oral and written communication.
5. Access to transportation and a valid driver’s license required
6. Preference to candidates with knowledge of Cerro Gordo County.
7. Hours will vary depending on programming, so applicant needs to be flexible.
Interested applicants are asked to complete the required application and submit it electronically with resume and cover letter to Sarah DeBour at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions can be directed to Sarah at (641)423-0844. Guaranteed consideration date for applications is January 31, 2023 the position will remain open until filled.
Application and more details located here: https://iastate.app.box.com/folder/189765280815