This is a shared position between Healthy Harvest of North Iowa and Cerro Gordo County. The successful candidate will work as the K-12 Outreach Educator on behalf of Cerro Gordo County and will focus on Positive Youth Development. Staff will strive to empower youth to reach their full potential through youth-adult partnerships and research-based experiences. The Educator will work with community partners, providing educational programs and experiences that work toward multiple life skill outcomes (productive citizens, outstanding communicators, effective leaders, and successful learners). For Healthy Harvest the successful candidate will focus on the planning and implementation of existing projects, working to educate students and community members about healthy eating and to develop local food awareness, as outlined below.
- Develop, and collaborate with, internal and external partners to advance the Healthy Harvest of North Iowa and 4-H mission and vision.
- When volunteers are utilized, ensure all volunteers comply with all risk management policies, including required training and background checks.
- Communicate effectively and build relationships with families, volunteers, co-workers, partners (mainly school districts in the region) and community stakeholders, to build, grow, and strengthen educational programs.
- Represent Healthy Harvest of North Iowa and Iowa State University Extension and Outreach Cerro Gordo County professionally and positively.
- Apply Positive Youth Development practices to in-and out-of-school settings.
· Team player
· Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision
· Cultural competence
· Problem solving skills
· Computer skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
· Organizational skills
· Experience working with youth and volunteers
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Bilingual; fluent in a second language
· Experience delivering programs/curriculum
Additional information and application located here: https://iastate.app.box.com/folder/189765280815
Interested applicants are asked to complete the required application and submit it electronically with resume and cover letter to Sarah DeBour at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions can be directed to Sarah at (641) 423-0844. Guaranteed consideration date for applications is January 31, 2023 the position will remain open until filled.
This position is full-time. Half of the work week may be performed virtually, with exception of attending planned events, per project needs. Half of the work week will be at the Cerro Gordo County Extension and Outreach Office at 601 S Illinois Ave, Mason City, IA. Programming will sometimes take place in other locations i.e. fair, camps, schools, gardens etc. Based on a flexible 40-hour work week, hours could involve days, evenings, weekends, and/or overnights. Hours of work, vacation and other leave will be recorded on the electronic time sheet and approved by the Supervisors each month and will reflect the actual hours worked within the respective pay period. Mileage and other approved travel with project area will be reimbursed monthly at the IRS rate.
This position is 40 hours per week, commensurate with experience and education. Opportunity for personal growth and career development in a dynamic, education environment. The Cerro Gordo County Extension and Outreach portion of the position offers IPERS retirement fund, and vacation/sick leave.