The Summer Youth Educator will provide educational opportunities for the youth in Buchanan County with curriculum provided by Iowa State University Extension and Outreach.
- Create and maintain partnerships in the county (libraries, day cares, schools, etc.) that provide areas of education for youth
- Become familiar with school enrichment and after-school curriculum available through Iowa State University Extension and Outreach
- Implement curriculum and lesson plans for several 6-hour summer day camps in the county
- Work in partnership with staff to prepare sign-in sheets and confirmation system for returned completed forms and payment
- Prepare and organize materials needs for camps including registration and supplies
- Conduct evaluations and collect/report information for annual statistics
- Attend regular staff meetings, pre-fair, and post fair meetings
- Assist Extension staff with organizing and carrying out duties and activities in preparation for and during the Buchanan County Fair
- Work cooperatively with the Buchanan County Extension Staff and Council, Buchanan County Fair board, and other associated organizations in the community
- Represent Buchanan County Iowa State University Extension and Outreach in a positive manner and serve as a positive role model in the community to the youth
- Meet with Extension staff regularly to review and discuss programming and performance
- High school diploma
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office Products including Excel)
- Valid driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle with proof of vehicle liability coverage.
- Successful completion of background check
- Demonstrated interest and ability to work with youth
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Problem solving skills, organizational skills, and multiple task capabilities
- Ability to complete scheduled tasks on time
- Effectively communicate with all age groups
- Previous experience working with youth
- Minimum one year of college completed
- Pursuing associate or bachelor’s degree in youth related field
Mid-May – Mid-August
Scheduled to be determined upon hire, additional hours may be scheduled during the County Fair and may include overtime.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.