- Assist Extension staff in the planning, coordination, and implementation of summer youth educational programming – including county fair related activities and short programs.
- Assist with the planning of 4-H Communications Day and 4-H Fashion Day including scheduling, correspondence with judges and participants, logistics and execution.
- Assist with 4-H events with direction from county staff and Project Superintendent(s) including scheduling, correspondence with judges and participants, logistics and implementation.
- Prepare letters, emails and other communication with clients and volunteers.
- Assist with daily office procedures as needed.
- Assist in maintaining a professional atmosphere through courteous and efficient service in the office and on the phone.
- Any other related duties deemed necessary.
- High School diploma/equivalent
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Team Player and People Oriented
- Problem-Solving Skills, Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks.
- Computer literacy required (MS Office, data entry, fluent with e-mail programs)
- Valid driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle with proof of vehicle liability coverage
- Must be able to be approved under our child protection policy with a background screening
- May not exhibit at the Boone County Fair in 4-H/FFA shows in 2024
- Experience planning or coordinating events or programs
- Experience working with youth
- Experience with 4-H, Extension programs or FFA
Reports to: County 4-H Youth Coordinator with direction from other staff
Employment period: May 27 – August 2, 2024 (flexible)
Hours: Schedule to be determined upon hire, will include occasional nights and weekends, additional hours may be scheduled during County Fair and may include overtime
To be guaranteed for consideration, please fill out and return the application, a cover letter and a current resume to Jess Soderstrum, County Director, at email@example.com or by mail to 1327 SE Marshall St, Boone, IA 50036 by March 1st, 2024.