This full-time position provides support in Audubon County to assist with the delivery of high quality programs in Audubon County. The Office and Outreach Assistant is under the supervision of the Regional Director. This job consists of a 36-hour work week with occasional variability in work hours, including nights and weekends. The position requires knowledge of youth development, ISUEO and county policies with skill in written and oral communication, skill in delivery of a wide variety of topics relating to youth programs, positive classroom management, good judgment, dependability and confidentiality. This position also requires a positive team player that works with office staff and clients to carryout successful programing. The individual will work closely with the Office Manager, ISUEO Program Specialists, and the Regional Director (RD).
Extension Council Collaboration
- Uses standard policies and procedures regarding county business operations and council relations (Personnel Handbook, Fiscal Policy).
- Work with the Regional Director to develop long-term goals and strategic plan as directed by Council.
- Informs Council of county activities, projects and programming with project outcomes through a monthly staff report.
- Position is divided to serve a variety of needs and meet a variety of goals for Audubon County:
- Support for planning & delivery of community club activities
- Serve as Day Camp Coordinator (end of May – end of July) to organize supplies for Clover Kids & 4-H Day camps offered throughout the county
- Daily office support/SWITCH/Ag Day’s support
- Support awareness building for 4-H and Clover Kids clubs across the county.
- Assist with classroom presentations to create/promote awareness of positive youth development with students and staff.
- Provide office support to Extension programs as needed including answer phones, input data, make copies, etc.
- Make appropriate community contacts to support additional program resources
- Help recruit and support volunteers in various Extension program materials; work with volunteers to address 4-H Youth Development Program needs
- Maintain appropriate records of education activities by utilizing the Event Planning Checklist
- Prepare marketing and follow-up articles/photos of Extension events and communicate Extension work on web site and through Success Stories
- Communicate needs and opportunities for education with Office Manager and ISUEO Program Specialists
- Use technology for program communication, trend monitoring, and locating information
- Microsoft Outlook and other Microsoft programs as needed
- Work to support annual county Program of Work
- Assist in secure program sponsorship through appropriate fundraising efforts
- Other duties as assigned
- Team player, dependable, self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision
- With advanced notice, may work outside of a normal work schedule. The successful candidate will be expected to manage their schedule to satisfactorily meet the requirements of the position including evening and weekend commitments.
- Knowledge of ISU Extension and Outreach Programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing to youth and adults
- Experience in organizing activities, events and in working with groups.
- Computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, etc.)
- Problem-solving skills and ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-starter; able to initiate work without direct supervision
- Valid driver’s license with own reliable transportation
Completing a background check is required for all Extension and Outreach County staff as a step in providing a safe and secure environment for all staff and those we serve.
ISU Extension & Outreach, Audubon County is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Please e-mail job application, resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Hourly wage, funded by county funds, commensurate with experience and education
- On-going professional development training related to job responsibilities
- Employer’s share of Social Security, IPERS and Medicare
- Reimbursement for work related travel and meals
- Sick leave upon appointment to regular-time status
- Annual leave (vacation) upon appointment to regular-time status
- Employee Personnel Handbook
- Work schedule to be determined by Extension Council