This is a temporary part-time position (20-30 hours per week) with a beginning date of mid-May and an ending date of no later than August 1st. Additional hours will be required during the Audubon County Fair. Normal office hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:30AM to 5:30PM. Work hours are variable, depending on programming needs.
Help prepare all materials and supplies for summer programs, including county fair.
Prepare county fair superintendent’s boxes
Update county fair news releases
Update 4-H files
Assist with summer programs including day camps and workshops
- High school diploma
- Must be able to be approved under ISU Extension child protection policy with a background check.
- Interest in working directly with youth and leading educational and recreational activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy (MS Office: Word, Excel, Publisher)
- Preference will be given to those with knowledge and experience as a 4-H member or volunteer.
- Other qualities desired:
- Good organizational skills
- Team player
- Positive attitude
Pay comensurate with experience
Employer’s share of social security and Medicare
Reimbursement for work-related travel and meals