Iowa State University Extension and Outreach Allamakee County is accepting applications for the summer 4-H Program Assistant to assist with county fair preparation and summer programming. Knowledge of the Allamakee County 4-H Program and Allamakee County Fair required. For job description and application contact the Allamakee County Extension Office, Waukon. 563-568-6345. Apply by January 19.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand the objectives of Iowa State University Extension and Outreach and display interest in and knowledge of all programs and program areas.
- Respect and honor confidentiality for all staff and clients.
- Represents Iowa State University Extension and Outreach while at office, meetings, and programs (professional appearance of office and dress, punctual hours, etc. required).
- Meet the public and answer the phone in a professional, friendly way.
- Act as a liaison between professional staff, Extension Council, and 4-H organizational system and clientele.
- Understand and accept policy decisions at all levels.
- Understand the importance of being a member of the Extension team in the county, area, and state and the need for teamwork.
- Understand and accept:
- Philosophy of Extension Service and programs.
- Policies of Extension Service and programs.
- Individual role, responsibility, and functions within the Extension Service and program areas.
- Complete a satisfactory employee background screening.
- Valid Driver’s License and access to motor vehicle
- High school graduate with college experience preferred
- Previous experience working with youth
- 4-H background is highly desirable
- Ability to relate well with youth and adults serving in volunteer roles
- People oriented and skilled in customer relations
- Willing to cooperate as a team player
- Problem-solving, organizational skills, and multiple task capabilities
- Self-starter who is able to initiate work, without direct supervision and complete scheduled tasks on time
- Computer literacy helpful
- Able to lift 40 lbs. and reach 6 feet with aid of stepladder.
- Must be able to be bonded.
This position is under the supervision of the CYC, 4-H K-12 Program Coordinator, and OA. It includes assisting and promoting the 4-H and youth program during the summer months, assisting with county fair activities, summer programming, and other related duties as assigned by the CYC, 4-H K-12 Program Coordinator, and OA.
Applications may be obtained from and returned to:
Allamakee County Extension Office
218 7th Ave SE, Suite #102
Waukon, IA 52172