Iowa State University Extension and Outreach Allamakee County is accepting applications for the summer 4-H Program Assistant to assist with county fair preparation and summer programming.
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach Allamakee County is accepting applications for the summer 4-H Program Assistant to assist with county fair preparation and summer programming. Knowledge of the Allamakee County 4-H Program and Allamakee County Fair required. For job description and application contact the Allamakee County Extension Office, Waukon. 563-568-6345 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Apply by May 1.
- Complete a satisfactory employee background screening.
- Valid Driver’s License and access to motor vehicle
- High school graduate with college experience preferred
- Previous experience working with youth
- 4-H background is highly desirable
- Ability to relate well with youth and adults serving in volunteer roles
- People oriented and skilled in customer relations
- Willing to cooperate as a team player
- Problem-solving, organizational skills, and multiple task capabilities
- Self-starter who is able to initiate work, without direct supervision and complete scheduled tasks on time
- Computer literacy helpful
- Able to lift 40 lbs. and reach 6 feet with aid of stepladder.
- Must be able to be bonded.
Wages and Hours
Wage is paid per hour, depending on experience. Office hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Flexible hours required, including night and weekend work, must be available during the Allamakee County Fair.