Adair County ISU Extension is seeking temporary, Monday– Thursday, summer staff to help plan and conduct summer youth camp programming. All camps will be focused on positive youth development and education. Summer staff will also work closely with Extension staff to prepare for county fair and assist with other programming needs. Summer staff must be available to work 30-36 hours a week during the entire employment period. Summer Staff must be available to work during the entire Adair County Fair, July 10– 14, 2024.
- Assist with delivery of summer 4-H and Youth Programs
- Prepare and organize event/workshop/camp materials as necessary
- Attend events/workshops/camps to help carry out programming
- Assist with county fair events
- Assist with pre-fair preparations and activities
- Other duties as needed to assist with preparation and delivery of Extension programs
- High School Graduate- at least 18 years of age; post high school work or education experience a plus
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and other computer programs to accomplish office tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; Interpersonal skills to interact with youth, adult volunteers and the general public
- Ability to organize data, information and resources in a way easily understood by others
- Licensed driver with access to a reliable vehicle, or ability to otherwise get to work and other programs/events independently
- Ability to lift and move materials up to 50 pounds, perform physical tasks to carry out hands-on learning in a variety of settings
- Ability to satisfactorily pass Iowa State University Extension Background Screen
- Background/Experience in 4-H or Youth Programming helpful but not required
- Self-Directed- able to accomplish assigned tasks independently on a set schedule; ability to move from one task to another while maintaining productively
- Able to display a positive attitude and commitment to the job on a routine basis
- Willing to be a productive member of Extension team, including office staff, volunteers, boards and committees, and other partners
Summer Program Assistants are supervised by the Adair County Extension Staff; daily tasks may be assigned by Youth Coordinator, Ag Coordinator, or other permanent staff members. Accountable to Adair County Agricultural Extension Council and all applicable policies.
Summer Staff Employment Period will be May-July 31st, 2024. (May start date is flexible)
Hours: Regularly scheduled for approximately 32-36 hours per week. Hours will increase around county fair time (July 7- July 16, 2024). Daily start/end time will vary with program needs. Overtime will be paid for all hours worked over 40 hours in any week (Sunday-Saturday). Mileage for use of personal vehicle in the performance of approved duties will be paid at the current Adair County Extension travel allowance rate.
For consideration, all applicants are REQUIRED to submit a completed form, current resume, and three non-family references. All materials must be received by Friday March 31, 2024 at 5:00 PM to the Adair County Extension Office.
mail/drop off at: 154 Public Square, Suite C, Greenfield, IA, 50849.
Materials may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Please call Adair County Extension at 641-743-8412.