Note: Make sure laptops are plugged into a power source and are hardwired. These installation instructions arebased on an upgrade from Windows 7 to 10. In rare circumstances, the steps may vary. Please call the hotline at515-294-1725 for additional help.
1. Log into the computer with the administrator account, using administrator as the user name and the passphrase on the sheet that was provided to you, for the password.a. If the sheet with the admin passphrase is lost or missing you can call the EIT Hotline at 515 294-1725 to have the password reset.
2. After plugging in your flash drive, open Start>Computer>Windows 10 Setup.
3. Double click on the setup Application within that folder. After double clicking the setup program a window will pop up.
4. Select “Download and install updates (recommended)”, while making sure that the box that says, “I want to help make the installation of Windows better”, remains unchecked. Click next.
5. On the next window, accept the terms and conditions by clicking “Accept”.
6. After “Getting Updates” is finished select install.
7. On the “Get going fast” screen click “Customize.”
8. Select “off” for all settings on the next two pages. On the third page listing SmartScreen, page prediction, and get updates from and send updates to other PCs, make sure to select "on."
9. The next screen will ask you to configure Cortana. Click “Not now”
10. On the “New apps for the new Windows” screen, select Next.
11. Run Windows Updates. Start>Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update
Your computer has successfully been upgraded to Windows 10!