The information on this page is being moved to MyExtension for staff resources. Please visit the eAccessibility page there for all Digital Accessibility materials. MyExtension is for ISU Extension and Outreach only.
This is a page with resources regarding universal design (digital accessibility). One-on-one training and consultations are available through the EIT web development team to help you become ADA (WCAG 2.0 compliant).
Digital Accessibility Handout - ISU Extension and Outreach is committed to providing digital content for all. See all of the work that EIT is doing to promote and encourage accessibility! We encourage staff to meet with a member of EIT to provide guidance to create websites and content for all.
Resources and Tutorials Available
- Introduction to Digital Accessibility
- Web Accessibility: Creating Online Content for All
- Digital Accessibility: Online Content
- Digital Accessibility: Online Courses
- Digital Accessibility in Extension and Outreach (video and PDF)
- ISU Digital Accessibility Website
- Digital Accessibility in Video: Captions
- Adding Image Alt Text to Twitter
- Adding Image Alt Text to Instagram
- Adding Image Alt Text to Facebook
- Accessible Email Signature (staff only)
- How to create accessible Word Documents
- Digital Accessibility: Accessible Documents
- Branded Pre-Configured Styles for Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe InDesign (staff only)
- Accessibility Ribbons for MS Office Products - that make accessibility easier (staff only)
- Adobe InDesign Export Presets (staff only)
Many digital accessibility topics are covered in the content editor training courses as well.