CyBox is an amazing resource that provides data security to employees. If you are collecting attachments that have secure information in them, you can setup a folder on Cybox that will receive the attachments and store them safely. Follow the tutorial below to learn how to set this up.
You can easily send attachments to a specific Cybox folder by email when you enable the upload email option for the folder. You can then forward email attachments or send files to the email address to upload your files.
There is one down side to using this method. Only attachments will be uploaded, no content from the email message. You will want to be clear with users that this email address is only for attachments and they will have to contact you another way for communication purposes.
- Create a folder on Cybox. (Instructions here: https://www.extension.iastate.edu/it/creating-folder-cybox)
- Once you've created the folder, click on the 3 dots on the right hand side and go to Settings.
- In the Uploading section of the Settings page, check the "Allow uploads to this folder via email" box. A unique email address will be generated for the folder in a box below the option you just checked.
- You can allow email uploads from collaborators only or check the box to overwrite files with the same name if those are options you want enabled.
- Click "Save Changes" at the top of the page to save your changes.
You can now use the email address provided to send attachments to the Cybox folder via email. You can also set up a mailing list for an easier to remember and iastate.edu email address using ASW and set the forward email to the email address that Cybox provided.