Legal issues can take their toll on one financially as well as emotionally. With some legal education and assistance matters can be resolved.
Iowa Concern has frequently asked questions available (currently not available for updating purposes) as well as stress counselors available by phone at 1-800-447-1985 or one-on-one live chat. An attorney is available for legal questions by phone or email.
- Lawyer Referral Service 1-800-532-1108
- Iowa Legal Aid 1-800-532-1275
- Legal Aid Society of Story County 515-382-2471
- Provides legal assistance in civil matters to families who cannot afford to hire an attorney in private practice.
- Muscatine Legal Services 563-263-8663
- Iowa State Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project
- Iowa Attorney General
- Tax information - Department of Revenue & Finance
- Unemployment - Iowa Workforce Development
- Iowa Department of Aging
- Legal Hotline for Older Iowans 1-800-992-8161
- Youth Law Center 1-800-728-1172
- Crime Victim Compensation Program 1-800-373-5044
Pay for medical expenses, funeral and counseling expenses for victims. Take telephone applications. Do not pay for property damage.
- Iowa State Bar Association Referral Service - searchable database of lawyers who are members
- Child Support Recovery 1-888-229-9223
- City of Des Moines Frequently Asked Questions
- Iowa Mediation Services 515-331-8081