The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax preparation and electronic filing for low- to moderate-income Iowans.
Certified community volunteers prepare taxes with computer software and help with special tax credits such as the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Child Tax Credit, and Credit for the Elderly or Disabled.
2022 Extension Supported VITA Locations
- Allamakee County | Waukon | 563-568-6345
- Black Hawk County | Waterloo | 319-296-4278 (location is at Hawkeye Community College Van G. Miller Adult Learning Center Location: 120 Jefferson St. Waterloo, IA 50701)
- Bremer County | Tripoli | 319-882-4275
- Cerro Gordo County | Mason City | 641-423-0844
- Chickasaw County | New Hampton | 641-394-2174
- Clay County | Spencer | 712-262-2264
- Floyd County | Charles City | 641-228-1453
- Franklin County | Hampton | 641-456-4811
- Hamilton County | Webster City | 515-297-3717
- Hamilton County | Ellsworth on February 21 and February 28 only | 515-386-4852
- Jasper County | Newton | 641-792-6433
- Poweshiek County | Grinnell | 641-623-5188
- Tama County | Toledo | 641-484-2703
- Wayne County | Corydon | 641-872-1755
- Winneshiek County | Decorah | 563-568-6345
- Wright County | Clarion | 515-532-3453
To find a VITA site, enter your zip code here.
IRS VITA tax sites are located throughout Iowa and partner with organizations including Iowa State University Extension and Outreach offices in some locations. Call the AARP volunteer tax preparers at 1-800-906-9887 to find a site near you.