Gardening is an activity for people of all ages and skill levels! Reconnect with nature to grow and prepare your own food with the Sow, Grow, Eat, and Keep series.
A new package of information about the garden, food preparation, or food preservation will be released each week. Watch a short video and explore the other resources to help you get started at home.
Week 1 - Start a Garden
Week 2 - Selecting Seed
- Video - Selecting Seed
- Online seed catalogs
- Fruit Cultivars for Iowa
- Asparagus in the home garden
- Rhubarb in the home garden
- Video - Health Benefits of Gardening + Planting Potatoes
- Planting and Harvesting Times for Garden Vegetables
- Cole Crops
Week 6 - Eat Your Veggies
- Video - Cool and Warm Season Vegetables
Week 7 - Grow and Enjoy Strawberries
- Video - Strawberries
Week 9 - Cruciferous Veggies … Super Foods!
- Video - Cruciferous veggies…super foods!
- Video - Pollinators and Honey
Week 15 - Tomato Time Is Here for Iowa Gardeners
- Video - Growing and Harvesting Zucchini